When & Where?
Wednesday, 11th July 2018
2 Temple Back East
DMA member: Free
Non member: £50 (+VAT)
GDPR is finally in place and marketing and data has entered a new era. Deciphering the ins and outs of this industry-changing legislation is a full time job. That’s why we employ solicitors – so they can do the work for you.
Join the DMA’s experts in GDPR policy as they provide guidance and legal advice that's relevant for your business.
The session covers the new law and discusses life for marketers in this new era of data, addressing your concerns and answering your questions on the value of data management, and the steps you should be taking to be fully compliant.
DMA solicitor Janine Paterson, and Zach Thornton, external affairs manager will lead the session.
- Discuss how the GDPR is affecting the industry, and break the legislation down to the key principles you need to know
- Speak about the ICO’s GDPR consent guidance and other lawful ways to process your data
- Delve into individual rights and the ePrivacy regulation
- Discuss policy ramifications for profiling
- Cover the provisions that promote accountability and governance
The DMA works closely with the Information Commissioner’s Office and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and lobby on legislation affecting data protection, big data, nuisance calls and contentious issues associated with one-to-one marketing.
You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions specific to your business and this update is ideal for professionals in compliance roles, business owners and marketers who take best practice seriously.
Sponsored byBook Now
For all enquiries regarding this event, including sponsorship opportunities, please contact Anthony Renton.